#Chicago #Illinois #Escape #Room #Recommendations
Latest update: February 3, 2023
The escape room scene in Chicago is sparse yet creative.
During our most recent visit in March 2022, we enjoyed a handful of rooms around Chicago — yet our favorite experiences were all day trips out from Chicago proper.
Given this, in the Market Standouts below, we’ve also listed the standout games in 2 areas that don’t have their own recommendation guides: northeastern Illinois (about 45 minutes north of Chicago, en route to Milwaukee) and Champaign-Urbana (2 hours south of Chicago, but well worth the trek to visit CU Adventures in Time & Space!) These standout games would all also fit in the Set & Scenery Driven and Puzzle Centric categories below.
If you’re in the area, check out our guide to Milwaukee, Wisconsin (coming soon).
- Bonus Fun Time Game Show, Escape Factor
- The Treehouse Raid at Fort Knocks, Escape Factor
- Special Ops at The Escape Game (or just about anything at The Escape Game)
On the way up to Milwaukee:
- Game Night, CU Adventures in Time & Space 🔒
- Revenge of the Cabin, CU Adventures in Time & Space
- The Wizard’s Curse, CU Adventures in Time & Space
- Calling All Villains, CU Adventures in Time & Space
Set & Scenery Driven
🔒 Golden Lock award winning experience
💙 Contributor at Room Escape Artist
✏️ Writer about all things enigmatic: www.patreon.com/steinium
🧙♂️ Designer of puzzle hunts, alternate reality games, and escape rooms @enigmida
🎻 Fiddler, violist, and composer @baymeleklezmer